Why NOW Could Be The Time To Refresh Your Career
Newsflash! There’s a talent shortage in Surrey and Sussex. Our consultants have been busier this year than ever before as companies look to fill an increasing number of vacancies in emerging hubs like Guildford, Horsham, Brighton and Hove, Crawley… and more. The number of jobs available far outstrips the number of qualified candidates, especially in hot sectors like digital marketing, IT and engineering. And for top professional roles, Surrey and Sussex exceeds the UK average by a whopping 12%.
And the best news? IF you’re a professional considering a career move AND you’ve got a few years’ experience behind you in a relevant field, that puts the ball firmly in your court. More vacancies mean more options for you, and fewer candidates per vacancy gives you a better chance of securing that dream job. Interviewing at a few firms of your choice could even (dare we say it) have them fighting over you!
We know that leaving a job that pays the bills isn’t always easy. But despite carrying a degree of risk, being on the lookout for bigger and better things could give you a boost, whether that’s professionally, financially, emotionally – or even all three.
And because of the aforementioned talent shortage, there’s no better time than the present to start having a look around. (ESPECIALLY if you’re working in London but live in the Sussex/ Surrey area…. who wouldn’t want to cut down that dreaded commute?!)
Do any of these sound familiar to you? If so, what are you waiting for!
- You want more variety – perhaps you’re a bit ‘stuck in a rut’ in your current role and are itching for a position with new and diverse responsibilities.
- You want to be inspired – If the mission of the company you’re working for doesn’t make you want to get out of bed in the morning then it might be time for a change. It’s been shown that people (and especially millennials) who believe in the mission of their employer are more likely to be happy at work
- You want a better work life balance. If you’re commuting a long distance and aren’t getting enough time with your loved ones, or you’re being expected to work unreasonable hours with little recognition or reward – why don’t you consider taking a role with a better work life balance? You don’t have to burn yourself out to succeed (many of our best clients have flexible working schemes, early leave incentives, and they could be right on your doorstep too!)
- You want more opportunity to develop and progress. It can be demotivating to be stuck in a role where you can’t see an upwards progression path. It might be because your boss isn’t going to leave anytime soon, and you can’t make a sideways move. Or it could be that you’ve reached the top in your organisation and need to move to a larger firm or a bigger role in a different company to develop your skills. Whatever the reason, if you can’t see a good future in your current role, question what is keeping you there.
- You want to be happier at work. There are many reasons why you might be unhappy at work outside some of the points above. You deserve a role where you don’t have that Sunday night dread – if work is making you unhappy then a change could do the world of good. Often the grass really is greener on the other side.
Here at Ambra Recruitment, we’re speaking to top employers in Sussex and Surry, from exciting digital start-ups to established corporate brands – and most of them are placed firmly outside the M25! If you’ve got 3+ years professional experience, then we’d love to speak to you. We cover legal, finance, HR, operations, marketing & management… and more.
So what are you waiting for? To see how you could give your career the boost and refresher it deserves:
- Check out our jobs page for the latest vacancies.
- You can submit your CV here (we’ll be in touch with you soon)
- …or just give us a call on for a confidential chat on +44 (0)1737 788 851.